Motorola Mobility, A Lenovo Company, is one of the world’s fastest growing smart phone providers, creating groundbreaking, affordable, high-quality products designed and built with the global customer in mind.
And it’s our people who make this all happen. We are thinkers, risk-takers and problem solvers, working together to constantly challenge the status quo. If you share our commitment to ingenuity, creativity and innovation we want you to help us define our world of tomorrow. Motorola is at the forefront of designing and developing products supporting 5G technology. Explore the opportunities and apply today.
We are looking for a passionate, customer obsessed Software Product Manager to define and ship unique mobile experiences on Motorola mobile phones.
In your role as a software product manager, you will own a group of Motorola software experiences, such as the Ready For, Peek Display or Moto Actions. You will work closely with the business, engineering, UX and management to design and ship innovative experiences which set Moto devices apart.In this role, you will :
- Set the the vision and strategy for Moto Experiences and Ready For features on Motorola devices; focused in our customers
- Define roadmap and Create buy-in for the product vision, internally and with key external partners and stakeholders
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- As the scrum product owner, work day-to-day with local and remote engineering and design teams to deliver these products on-time across Motorola devices
- In an agile workflow, constantly manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and development
- Work closely with UX designers
- Partner with other internal teams to identify new features and create prototypes/proof of concepts.
- Drive software product launches with Marketing
- BS or BA in computer science, engineering or marketing
- 3-5+ years of software product management, or program management with consumer software and mobile applications
- Demonstrable experience in ship mobile software and apps
- Agile project management experience, and familiarity with JIRA
- Hands-on experience with Mobile applications, Android; Familiarity with Android Internal or Android development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with ML concepts, and big data technologies
- Experience interpreting and communicating analytics; Experience with A/B testing
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness, including strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge.
- Experience shipping Windows 10 software a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.