- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- 10+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
- 10+ years of experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or technical consulting in customer-facing roles
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required, commensurate modern certifications AWS, Agile, Scrum, SAFe, etc.
- Good experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale
- Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
- Integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies
- Reengineering of legacy systems to modern cloud architectures (e.g. Microservices, containers, etc)
- Experience designing cloud foundations and migration strategies
- Experience designing cloud journeys, rationalization of legacy applications and applications transformation to cloud
- Experience with automated application refactoring tools
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and Portuguese, in technical and business settings (verbal and written).
“Alexa, help me transform and optimize my business leveraging AWS from a people, process AND platform perspective!” AWS is known for its unwavering customer obsession. Our Professional Services teams are on the front line of helping customers succeed using AWS platform services that align with the new ways of managing people and re-architecting critical processes to complement the new cloud paradigm.
AWS Professional Services team members leverage their deep knowledge of AWS technologies in collaboration with our sales and partner teams to propose, architect, and implement customers workloads on cloud. Helping make customer success a reality using AWS cloud as an enabler and seeing the impact in real-time drives our teams to explore new frontiers in leveraging AWS for our customers.
The Sr. Application Migration & Modernization CDA is a new growth role within the Professional Services umbrella, and is principally oriented around a qualify-deliver-manage model. The individual is responsible for partnering with a Professional Services leaders to dive deep into a customer’s business challenge, to collaboratively propose and pre-qualify a particular set of outcomes that would result from a formal Application Migration & Modernization Professional Services engagement. Thereafter, the individual remains meaningfully engaged with that customer, Amazon team and project/program to ensure high-value, predictable, and successful delivery.
This is not a pure consultant role, nor is it a pure selling role. It is an individual with a unique hands-on building, coupled with cross-industry business acumen, including a heavy dose of passion for continued knowledge acquisition and growth, obsession for customers, and their success using AWS that will align well with the desired outcomes to be produced.
Do you have what it takes to bring yourself, your customers, and your team to the next level?
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a customer facing role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
- As a key member of the Account and Professional Services teams, ensure success in designing, building, optimizing, transforming or migrating, customers workloads to AWS platform
- Drive the architecture and building of highly scalable, cloud-native applications on the AWS platform components and services.
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS
- Participate in deep architectural discussions and design exercises to create world-class Application Migration & Modernization solutions built on AWS while ensuring such solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud and drive business outcomes
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and proof of concepts
- In partnership with the Professional Services leadership and account team, formulate and execute a strategy to accelerate customer outcomes through the adoption of AWS in conjunction with Professional Services engagements
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge, sales and delivery content amongst the AWS Professional Services community
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age
- Demonstrated success as a software developer, application architect, product manager, CTO, or consultant working with various platforms
- Architecting, designing and developing applications on the AWS platform
- Designing and building application using Container and serverless technologies
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Cloud certifications
- Good exposure to Agile software development and DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration and automated deployment
- Continuous Integration (CI) tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
- Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
- Presenting at public events such as technology conferences, hackathons, blogging, writing on technical forums, etc.
- Experience working directly with customers, partners or third-party developers